It’s an exciting time for Robin Hood! For the first time since the pool suffered serious damage and had to incur significant repair costs, the hard work and contributions of our incredible community has brought us back to a position where we can start making incremental but significant improvements to our beloved club.
In 2021, we raised over $20K dollars through fundraising efforts and legacy equity donations for the capital improvement fund. Even as the board works to make short term improvements, we need to keep up the fundraising momentum and, of course, the fun!
GOAL: In 2022, our fundraising committee would like to raise $15K to continue investing in the club.
There are four ways you can help:
1. Attend the events! We are adding even more events to our social calendar. We welcome everyone in our community. You don't have to be a member to come to the events. Come and see your neighbors and enjoy the company.
The list below is updated as we have new events planned.
2. Make a 1x or recurring donation on your membership renewal form!
3. Volunteer your time – we welcome as much or as little time as you can give!
4. Keep an eye out for a longer-term capital improvement fundraising plan which will address the larger, more costly projects like the tennis court revamp.
2022 FUNDRAISING EVENTS:
- November 2021- Poker Night – Thank you to Sam Brown and Dave Moehring for organizing and running this event, and especially to Dave Heinemann, who donated his winnings to the pool. This event raised $1000 for the club.
- Jan: Roses for Robin Hood – Thanks to Emily Hainline for sponsoring this event. We raised $993 dollars for the club through her generous contribution of time and roses. Special thanks to the volunteers that helped deliver and tag the roses – Ivonne Lindley, Maya Ammons, Bri Schnaar & Jennifer Dexter.
- February 5- Superbowl Squares @ Fryers Roadside: Thank you to Steve Englehardt, the owner of Fryers for hosting the event, and providing RH with 10% of the sales for the entire day. Additionally, a big thank you to Jenn Bauer for running the event again! We raised $1230 through this event.
April - Spring Plant and Flower Sale /Earth Day Spring Planting Festival- Saturday, April 23 @Robin HoodThank you to all the amazing volunteers that pulled together to make this happen. There were 30+ donated flowers which we planted all around the grounds and pool.
Cinco De Mayo Celebration - Thursday, May 5th @Robin Hood
A wonderful joint fundraiser with Westover Elementary. Margaritas, Tacos and Rice and Beans were a'flowin' and a great time was had by all. Thank you to all the volunteers. Mark your calendars for next years Cinco de Mayo, its on a Friday!
Ladies Wine Night Fundraiser - Thursday, May 19th @ Ivonne Lindley's HouseAnother successful ladies night! Thank you for all the participation and donations. Winners this year.
- August - Poker Night @ the pool
If you need more information, or would like to volunteer to help out with any RHSC fundraising activity, we would love to have you!
Please contact Kathey Jaucian: [email protected] or call/text at 202-689-4421.
Feel free to share any fun fundraising ideas you might have, and we will take as much or as little time as you can give. It takes a village, and every minute and every dollar makes a difference!